Writing is difficult.
But I do it anyway.
I started my first novel my senior year of high school, and I started off incredibly excited. And yet, twenty thousand words in (less than half an average YA novel, average is 45,000-50,000 words) I immediately regretted this crazy, far off idea to write a whole novel.
Why did I decide to do this?
I'm not an author.
I can't finish this.
WHYYYYY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF???
I questioned my decision, thought about scrapping my whole novel and moving on in life as if this never happened.
But I kept writing.
Finding motivation to write can be a chore when you are coming about halfway into your novel.
What do I do?
I keep writing.
One of my biggest tips is to grab any bits of inspiration, always jot ideas down, and when you are in the mood and able to write, write! I find that if I put off writing, I lose that inspiration and motivation, and sadly wave goodbye to the could-be fabulous idea that I am prone to forgetting within the minute.
I let words flow from my fingertips, barely even knowing what I am actually writing, let alone if it makes sense.
The best way to keep writing and up your word count is KEEP WRITING. I tend to get caught up with editing and begin to doubt myself and my writing, wanting to toss my computer over my shoulder and wallow in self-pity and brood over how I can "never" be a writer.
But you have started the hardest part of writing a novel: starting your novel. And you know what that means?
You, my friend, are an author.
~The Whimsical Writer
Please let me know if there is anything you would like me to talk about in anything of the realm of writing. Happy typing!
Images used are Creative Commons-licensed content. :)
https://pixabay.com/



No comments:
Post a Comment