Monday, July 11, 2016

Time to Write

As a college student with piles of papers and reading, it's hard to find time to do the things that you love.

Although it seems like college students in movies tend to have time to party and run around in the middle of the night while still making it to their 8 am class.


I constantly feel as if any of the spare time I have should be spent studying or being with my friends, so during the school year writing my novels is not my number one priority. 

With writing, ideas flow through your mind so it is important to catch onto those ideas.

However, sometimes that motivation is hard to catch, so I try to string together words onto a sentence necklace to form my novel. 

Through stress, through happiness, through anger,

Remember to Write.

For me, writing is my solace. Writing is my friend to distract me from stress, sort out my anger, cope with sadness, and share my happiness. 


I delve into my own world to escape this crazy one I was thrown into. I make castles to rule and homes to lean back and relax in and lands to find magic in.

Even if I have homework or feel tired or lazy or even if I don't have any inspiration, I try to write, whether it be pages or just a few sentences, because that's a few sentences more. And I am a little bit happier.
 
It is important for me to write, to see how my characters respond to difficult situations. 

Creating these characters, it's so important to me, so vital to me to keep my mind healthy and happy, so that I don't get overwhelmed with all these thoughts and ideas and emotions pressing into my head.  
So I explore my mind and wander through my thoughts and questions and hopes and dreams to create not just a story

But a journey. 


 
This is why I write.

~The Whimsical Writer
Please let me know if there is anything you would like me to talk about in anything of the realm of writing. Happy typing!


Images used are Creative Commons-licensed content. :)
pixabay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment